Bingham University Friday announced that students of the University will resume in batches from Monday 12th October 2020.
Registrar of the University, Mrs. Esther J. Dyaji stated that in line with the provisions of the National University Commission (NUC) a full resumption of academic activities for the 2020/2021 session is as follows:
A. Resumption of 200, 400 and 600 levels – Monday, 12th October, 2020.
B. Resumption of 100, 300 and 500 levels – Monday, 16th November, 2020
Bingham first gate.
Mrs. Dyaji said Students are to be accommodated in line with Covid – 19 protocols and the University would ensure that student’s adhere to the protocols.
According to her, all students are to maintain social distancing as provided in the seating arrangement in their classrooms. Lecturers have been detailed to ensure strict compliance.
The Registrar gave guidelines for the resumption that temperature check is to be conducted for all students coming into the University from the first gate.
“All students must have sufficient pairs of washable face mask to last them the semester to be checked and confirmed at the first gate in addition, students are to complete an assessment form on their medical status.
“New and returning students are required to effect payment of fees in line with University guidelines before admittance into the hostels and classrooms”, Mrs. Dyaji said.
She then listed protocol guidelines for resumption:
· Hand washing must be done at the first gate and before going into the hostel.
· Medical Staff and Security personnel will be stationed at the gate to ensure strict compliance.
· Temperature checks will again be undertaken at the entrance of the hostels.
· Washing and sanitizing of hands is mandatory for everyone going into the hostels.
· Face mask must be worn in and out of the hostels by all students and staff.
Bingham University on the Abuja- Keffi road Nasarawa State belonging to the ECWA Church was locked down since March because of the Covid-19 pandemic.