Depressed student sets himself ablaze on campus, die of severe burns.

The need for top level collaboration between parents and academic institutions on their students-wards came to the forefront on Thursday when a student of Anambra state university, Uli reportedly set himself ablaze.

According to eyewitness, the student (Name withheld) who is a 100L physiology student was said to have been suffering from depression and had locked himself up before setting himself ablaze.

He was rushed to the hospital but was rejected due to intensive burns.

Recounting the incident, the eyewitness wrote; “I think he’s depressed. He woke up yesterday morning borrowed 200 from his cousin brother and locked him inside the room. He went downstairs to the back of the lodge poured the fuel on himself and light himself.

“At a time he couldn’t bear the pain and started shouting, a nearby neighbor poured water on him. He was taken to Ihala Teaching Hospital, and was rejected because of the level of burning; he died on their way to Nnewi teaching hospital.”

Several students have resulted into awkward actions because of lack of proper management by parents and a good contribution to a disciplined life by their academic institutions.



71 views0 comments