Kaduna State Government cancels selection of new Emir of Zazzau.

The Kaduna State Government has ordered a new round of the selection process of the installation of the Emir of Zazzau following the cancellation of the initial process, which excluded two interested applicants.

Kingmakers of Zazzau Emirate are therefore currently engaged in a fresh process to recommend candidates for the office of the 19th Fulani Emir of Zazzau, the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Balarabe Abbas Lawal, has disclosed.

The Bunu Zazzau complained that he was unable to submit his application because he was told that the window for receipt of applications had closed.

The Sarkin Dajin Zazzau also protested his exclusion from the process. It was also noted that the kingmakers assessed two candidates on September 24, 2020 without sighting their CVs which the selectors received a day later.

The SSG said that the state government considers as highly irregular the leakage of the report of the selection meeting of September 24, 2020 before its receipt by the state governor.

The kingmakers are now meeting to assess all the 13 candidates that indicated interest from all the ruling houses, including the two that were previously excluded.

The report of these assessments will be swiftly submitted to the governor for his consideration, the statement by the SSG concluded.



18 views

Social Media

  • White Facebook Icon
  • Instagram

CONTACT

Phone

Email

©Patmos Media Line. 

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now