Kidnappers of the seven abducted residents of Tunga Maje, a settlement at the outskirts of Abuja metropolis have rejected the N150,000 offer made by families of each of the victims on Sunday.. The Kidnappers had on Saturday morning, 48 hours after putting the seven abductees’ in captivity, reached out to their family members on phone by demanding for N20million ransom on each of them. But the distraught family members after running helter-skelter for 24 hours looking for money to bail out their loved ones from captivity of the Kidnappers, resolved to muster N1.050million for release of the seven victims. According to Alhaji Alhassan Aliyu, populary known as Sardauna, many of the families of the affected victims are petty traders in Tunga Maje market who have no means to raise the N20million ransom demanded by the Kidnappers. “In fact, the N150, 000 to be gathered by each of the family, is being raised by contributions from sympathizers and little money sent to some of them from their distant relations. “In ensuring the release of the abducted seven, the community held meeting with them at the Chief’s Palace till the late hours of Saturday where it was resolved that equal amount of money should be offered so as not to put the life of any one of them on the line.
“But when the Kidnappers called them Sunday morning with shielded number, they got annoyed with the N150,000 per head offer made to them.
“The person they spoke with, that is the man at the other end , said they are not serious and have not in any way demonstrated that they love their relatives in their captivity.
“He in tears told the community leaders Sunday morning that the kidnapper cut off the call thereafter without any further calls again since then.”
A total of 11 residents of the affected part of Tunga Maje were abducted in the wee hours of Thursday, but four of them were rescued hours after by vigilantes which reduced the number of abductees to seven, comprising of two females, four male adults and an 11-year old boy.